Spring2ACTion Business Fundraiser's Toolkit
Thank you for being a leader in this giving movement!
As a Business Fundraiser, you will inspire and empower your employees, customers and/or vendors (stakeholders) to give back to causes that are meaningful to them, learn about new ones, and spark a little friendly competition that will benefit our community.
Spring2ACTion is Alexandria’s Giving Day is a 24-hour call to ACTion to get online and give! Presented by ACT for Alexandria, Spring2ACTion has raised more than $10M in the past 10 years for the programs and services that support families, children, seniors, veterans, animals and more – making it one of the most successful citywide giving days in the country!
- March 31 - Deadline to sign up as a Business Fundraiser
- April 15 - Early giving starts on www.Spring2ACTion.org
- April 29 - Spring2ACTion begins at 12AM!
April 29, 2020 is dedicated to inspiring our entire community to be generous!
This toolkit is intended to make your participation and campaign planning easy, fun and impactful. We have included all the tips and tricks to make your business campaign successful, authentic and engaging for your stakeholders!
Think about what you are already doing year-round to give back and figure out how Spring2ACTion compliments it OR kick off your business’s giving efforts with this day!
We have included campaign ideas and communications for engaging stakeholders and spreading the word about Spring2ACTion. You will see sample social media posts and sample emails to get you started. AND we are here for you! Got questions or need help brainstorming as you plan, call us!
Together we are creating social good and changing lives, making this area thriving for all.
We can’t wait to ACT for good with you!
Questions? Contact Celeste at Celeste.Flores@actforalexandria.org
- Your campaign can be as simple or elaborate as you can make it.
- You don’t need months and months of planning…unless you want to ☺
- It should be fun and authentic to your company culture or place of business.
- There are many different ways to do this and anyone can get involved.
- And a little friendly competition never hurts…it’s for the community, right?!
How do we get started?
- Register: We will send you a link to sign up your business in a few easy steps. You will get a webpage of your very own too! Send an email for instructions. Deadline: 3/31
- Assign a point person or a small team of employees who are excited about this opportunity.
- Use our tools and create a plan that works for you and your company’s vibe.
- Execute your plan and communicate to your stakeholders!
- Remind them to select the “business” name from the drop down when they make a donation online.
- Watch the Spring2ACTion.org Business Fundraiser leaderboard and celebrate the generosity you have inspired!!
- Check out this helpful support article on how to access and edit your Business Fundraiser Page!
Now let’s get to planning: Tips for success!
- Visit Spring2Action.org to get familiar with the platform.
- Set a company goal! It could be one or several things: 100% employee participation, a total amount raised; engaging X% of customers to give, or being at the top of the leaderboard.
- Send out a calendar invite or email on April 29th with S2A details to all stakeholders.
- Learn about who is participating. See if your company’s favorite nonprofits are "in" at Spring2Action.org.
- Decide if you plan on matching donations or remember to share information about your existing matching gift program.
- Integrate or tie Spring2ACTIon into any other giving activities you already do.
- Get your company excited by announcing your participation through social media, special email and/or your newsletter. Timing of communications and sample posts and emails to follow in this toolkit.
- Remind stakeholders about prizes, leaderboard, and matching. If you are a S2A sponsor, be sure to highlight that with your employees. It’s important to show your investment.
- Report back to your employees. Pat your team on the back and say ‘congratulations’ for their participation and the change they’ve made in the community. We will give you instructions on how to pull a giving report closer to the day.
Besides a few communications and blasting social media…what else?
- Host a donation station on site. Set up a Spring2ACTion Giving Spot in your building. Print out our posters and have computers set up for donations.
- Set up a Spring2ACTion Watch Spot where employees can stop by and watch the leaderboard, give, and socialize…you know food always brings people out!
- Set up a competition within your company or coordinate with other companies. Get creative! Divide employees by department or office area. Track competition results at and share team successes internally.
- Involve senior leadership or executives. Can they provide a challenge, match or wear a chicken suit to work if you hit your goal…make a dance video…think fun and engaging!
- Print and share the “I Spring2ACTion because...” sign, have employees write what they are passionate about, take a pic and post on your social channels! Don’t forget to use #Spring2ACTion
- Simple storytelling: Share the giving stories of a few employees – where are they giving their time or money and why. You can share on internal channels, social or newsletters.
- Add an “ACT for good” component to your campaign! In addition to asking stakeholders to make a monetary donation to their favorite cause, consider:
- Doing a food drive, diaper drive, or toiletries for the homeless.
- Bring coffee and donuts to the staff of a nonprofit.
- Wear company T-shirts and walk around giving high fives to people on the street during lunch.
- Print out the "I Gave" graphic and put it on cubes/offices or on some sticky paper for people to wear as badges all day once they contribute. ‘I Gave’ stickers will be available!
Let's Get Social!
This day runs on Social Media! First things first, be sure to:
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Spring2ACTion & Tag #Spring2ACTion
Follow us on Twitter: @Spring2ACT; Re-tweet #Spring2ACTion content.
Post photographs and content on Instagram using the hashtag #Spring2ACTion
Just a few things to remember:
- For S2A logos and graphics, posters, printables: https://www.spring2action.org/info/downloads
- Always use hashtag #Spring2ACTion and tag @Spring2ACTion (Facebook) or @Spring2ACT (Twitter)
- Create your own or use an existing internal hashtag.
When and what should I post?
3 weeks out - When you sign up as a business fundraiser!
- We are part of @Spring2ACTion this year! We can’t wait for 4/29! Spring2ACTion.org (image)
- A little can go a long way when we get together and give together on April 29th for #Spring2ACTion! We can’t wait!
- Will you be part of #Spring2ACTion on 4/29? We are so excited to be a business fundraiser and supporting the ALX community. @Spring2ACTion #Spring2ACTion
- We have made a commitment to giving back on #Spring2ACTion on April 29th! It’s going to be a BIG day for ALX (company/employee image or video) Join us!
- We are excited to not only sponsor @Spring2ACTion this year! But our employees will be giving too! We can’t wait for 4/29! Spring2ACTion.org
- We are thrilled to be part of #Spring2ACTion on April 29th, a 24-hour day of giving to support nonprofits in this area. Stay tuned! @Spring2ACTion (photo of employees volunteering)
- We are thrilled to be a sponsor of #Spring2ACTion on April 29th, a 24-hour day of giving to support nonprofits in this area. Stay tuned! @Spring2ACTion (photo of employees volunteering)
- Do you know what we will be doing on April 29th? Participating as a company in #Spring2ACTion. It is one day dedicated to shining a light on the social good in this community. We can’t wait! (photo)
April 15 - April 22
- We are weeks away from #Spring2ACTion but did you know you can make your donation TODAY? Hurry to Spring2ACTion.Org and give!
- Mark your calendar for the coolest day of the year, April 29th! #Spring2ACTion
- Countdown the days until #Spring2ACTion. Our employees are ready – are you?!
- Mark your calendars! Giving back has never been this easy. On April 29th employees can donate to more than 100 local organizations #Spring2ACTion (Image: S2A Save the Date)
- You can make your #Spring2ACTion donation TODAY. EVERYONE can be generous! Give early, give often!
- We are only 1 week away from #Spring2ACTion. Every dollar, no matter the size, counts & make your donation today!
Spring2ACTion Day: April 29th
- Today is the day! Let’s show everyone how generous the Alexandria community is! #Spring2ACTion! is here and we are ready! Spring2ACTion.org
- You have 24-hours to give to #Spring2ACTion! Don’t forget to choose (your company name) at checkout!
- Have you donated during #Spring2ACTion? Our employees are rocking the giving!
- Wow! Our people gave $______ today! #Spring2ACTion. Every dollar is changing lives.
- Let the countdown begin…24hrs to be the most generous you can be! Let’s see how much we can change our part of the world in just 24 hours! Spring2ACTion.org!
- You have 24-hours to give back through #Spring2ACTion! Our employees are getting in the giving spirit (photo of giving spot or employees)
- Our company focuses on improving our community by investing in (nonprofit sector/ cause area). Some of our favorite nonprofit partners are participating in #Spring2ACTion this year on April 29th! (insert photo of nonprofit partner)
Facebook: ANNOUNCE IF YOU ARE MATCHING
- We are excited to share that (your company) will be matching employee donations during #Spring2ACTion. Find your cause today on Spring2ACTion.org
The following emails offer an idea of what you could send to employees and stakeholders to get everyone excited about Spring2ACTion.
If you are a sponsor, insert:
We at X are committed to Spring2ACTion, not only as a sponsor but we will be a first-ever Spring2ACTion Business Fundraiser! That means we will be listed with other local companies on the site and our collective giving as a company will be highlighted and celebrated!
April 1 - April 14
SUBJECT LINE: Are you ready to be generous? (your company) is ready to #Spring2ACTion
April 29th is dedicated to unleashing our generosity and support more than 150 nonprofits doing the good work to make this community a vibrant place for all. It is the day that Alexandria will come together for Spring2ACTion and we are so excited to be participating.
What is Spring2ACTion, anyway? Produced by ACT for Alexandria, it is an annual day of online giving that happens every April. Last year, a whole bunch of people like you and me gave more than $2M to support causes that are important to us...but we can do more!
IF MATCHING INSERT: Your donations to local nonprofits made on Spring2ACTion.org will be boosted by (your company). (your company) is offering bonus dollars as an incentive to give (describe how your matching program works ie: dollar for dollar, up to a certain amount, etc.)
Excited yet? So here’s how can you participate:
- Find your cause! Visit Spring2ACTion.org to explore nonprofits serving our community.
- Make your gift starting on April 15th. Remember to select (your company) when checking out!
- If so inclined, commit to a nonprofit and become a fundraiser for them. Info about that also on Spring2ACTion.org!
- Mark your calendar! Add to your google, iCal, or outlook calendar. Remember to invite your friends!
- Spread the word! Let your network know about this important (and fun) day and be sure to share who you are supporting. People love hearing that stuff.! And don’t forget to use the hashtag #Spring2ACTion to join the conversation.
Let’s ACT for good together!
For questions about Spring2ACTion and how you can get involved, please contact (company contact).
(company contact signature)
April 22 - April 28
SUBJECT LINE: Final countdown to the day that changes lives!
Just one week (or 24 hours) from today on April 29th, we will all come together for Spring2ACTion and we need YOU to join in the fun and generosity.
Be sure to select (your company) at checkout.
IF MATCHING INSERT: Your donations to local nonprofits will be amplified by (your company) for those 24-hours. (your company) is offering bonus dollars as an incentive to give (describe how your matching program works ie: dollar for dollar, up to a certain amount etc.)
Last year, Alexandria raised $2M in just 24 hours! Let’s do even more! Help (your company) make a difference in our community by giving on Spring2ACTion AND spread the word! Share your giving story.
Visit Spring2ACTion.org to start checking out the local nonprofit organizations participating this year. You can even schedule your gift TODAY!
(INSERT ANY IMPORTANT REMINDERS ABOUT YOUR CAMPAIGN, WATCH SPOT, EVENTS, OR COMPETITION) (EMBED IMAGE)
For questions, please contact (company contact).
(company contact signature)
Thank You Email
The following email offers an idea of what you can send to employees the next day!
SUBJECT LINE: Look what we did!
Thank you for being a part of the big day, Spring2ACTion and helping so many people in the process.
More than ______ employees came together to raise over $________. These important funds will ripple through the area and more importantly changing lives. We did that --together.
We are so fortunate to have you and thank you for supporting our neighbors and the community.
Thank you for sharing your love, being generous and supporting your cause!