Social Media & Email
Good. Works. Alexandria.
Social Media Posts
- Who's hungry? Good. Works. Alexandria is May 27. Order take out from participating restaurants in support of our work! https://bit.ly/2Zb6fr0 #shopdinegive
- Shop, dine, and give during Good. Works. Alexandria on May 27, Alexandria's first ever small business give back day! Participating businesses will give a % of your sale to our work, so join us! https://bit.ly/2Zb6fr0 #goodworksalexandria
- In times of crisis, our neighbors and small businesses can make a big difference. Support us by shopping online & ordering take out on May 27 as part of Good. Works. Alexandria, Alexandria’s Small Business Giving Day. https://bit.ly/2Zb6fr0 #goodworksalexandria
- How does Good. Works. Alexandria work? Easy! Shop and take out at participating small businesses and a % of your sale will support our work. Just mention @ when you call in or check out! #goodworksalexandria https://bit.ly/2Zb6fr0
- Today's the day! Shop, dine, and give to support our work during Alexandria's first ever small business giving day! #goodworksalexandria https://bit.ly/2Zb6fr0
Sample Email Text
We are excited to share the news about Good. Works. Alexandria, a community-wide giving event hosted by the small businesses of Alexandria. On Wednesday, May 27, Alexandria’s retailers and restaurants will give a percentage of their sales to the charities of the customers’ choice during this first-ever Good. Works. Alexandria Day. For every meal you order or purchase you make online, our nonprofit can receive up to 20% of that purchase.
How does “Good. Works. Alexandria” work, you ask? It’s easy. You shop and dine with participating businesses on May 27. (https://www.oldtownbusiness.org/good-works-alexandria/) When you check out or place your order, mention our nonprofit organization. The business community will then send a percentage of sales to us!
As you know, the nonprofit and small business communities have been greatly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and shutdown. We are excited to be partnering together on Good. Works. Wednesday and hope you will join us too! Save the date – Wednesday, May 27 and start thinking about the local businesses you’d like to support!